Friday, October 7, 2011

Hamilton sets boys' golf mark for Ryle

TIES FOR THIRD OVERALL AT STATE

by Micheal Compton, Enquirer contributor

BOWLING GREEN - Blake Hamilton's quest for an individual title came up short, but the Ryle senior still made a little history Wednesday in the Kentucky boys' state golf tournament at Bowling Green Country Club.

Hamilton shot a 4-over-par 76 in the second round to post a 5-over 149 for the tournament, finishing tied for third overall - the best finish ever by a Ryle golfer in the state tournament.

Sitting just one shot behind eventual state champion Stephen Stallings from Louisville St. Xavier heading into the back nine, Hamilton made three bogeys in the final nine holes to finish three shots out of the lead.

"I'm more than pleased with my performance this week," Hamilton said. "It's better than anyone has ever done from Ryle High School. I hadn't really played very good (coming into the tournament), so I wasn't expecting much. I came in this week and got everything I asked for. I couldn't be happier."

Hamilton finished 1-over 37 on the front nine with two birdies and three bogeys, but was unable to make a charge on the final nine.

To read the whole story go to Hamilton sets boys' golf mark for Ryle

No comments:

Post a Comment